Hey there! My name is Laura and I’m a Manifesting Generator with a hermit / opportunist profile and emotional authority. Okay, so this post is going to be a bit different than the traditional nutrition, health and recipe posts I do but human design is a HUGE part of wellness.
To most of you this makes absolutely no sense but let me explain.
So what the heck is human design? Human design offers a manual that indicates how you are unique as a person and guides you in living in a manner that is in sync with who you are.
After having my human design chart read by my friend Cailee over at The Ripened Heart it made me realize my full potential, what my strengths and weaknesses are, and why I am the way that I am. In a way, human design allowed me to take the frustration out of trying to figure out why I react in certain ways or why certain events have happened in my life.
So here’s a little bit about me:
- I’ve always known who I was from day one.
- I show up consistently in the world. People know what to expect from me because I always show up in a similar way. I am also someone that always follows through and is extremely reliable, if I break a commitment, I will feel very guilty.
- I am a born entrepreneur. I am here to master things. I thrive when I am multi-tasking and learn super quickly. I am very efficient and not a procrastinator. My biggest gift is that I am a storyteller. I communicate very effectively, and I am a great writer. I am meant to guide and help people from my own life experiences. I am less likely to be in the corporate world in an office environment but prefer to work from home and want to work with people in a more intimate, comfortable way. I thrive in a home office.
- I get energy from doing things I love, and I feel depleted when I’m doing things I don’t.
- I am prone to burnout due to my energetic personality, ambition and drive. I stress myself out when I don’t meet my own expectations. It takes me longer to recover because I have no sense of when to stop pushing myself. I push myself to the brink of exhaustion. I have this mentality where I feel like I need to go through my to-do list making it hard to relax if I don’t get everything done.
- When it comes to relationships, I get frustrated because people don’t move as quickly as I do and they don’t get as much done. People tend to feel left in the dust because I am moving at a much faster rate than them and they become resistant towards me.
- I LOVE to be alone. I am completely comfortable just being by myself and fully enjoy my own company. Alone time is critical for me.
- I tend to want to move fast through life and have a “live like your dying mentality,” I have an adventurous spirit and want to experience all that life has to offer.
- I operate from gut feelings and need to wait to respond. Waiting 24 hours to respond to an important commitment is necessary. My emotions tend to cloud my judgement and I can be really excited about something so in turn, say yes without thinking on it. Therefore, I may enter into something that is not right for me.
- I hold in emotion and eventually it will build up and I will just explode with either rage or crying.
- I feel pressure to figure out other people’s problems in life (I ask the hard questions) and tend to get resentment from people who don’t want my help or my wisdom.
Yes, this all came from my chart. AND it couldn’t be more true!
Now this isn’t giving me an excuse to pull the “I’m a Manifesting Generator so that’s why I am like this” card. This is a great guide as to why certain situations have happened or not happened in my life and how to take charge/ manage them for the future.
And now, some real talk.
The company I had been a graphic designer at for the past eleven years eliminated my position last week. If this wasn’t a sign from the universe to step into what I am truly meant to be doing I don’t know what is. I am meant to be an entrepreneur and now I have the chance to let that shine as every aspect of my chart is telling me I am meant to be a badass boss.
Not only that. I was put on this earth to help people through my own life experiences, my own health journey is what brought me to where I am today and every time I help someone through their struggles it lights me up. I became a Nutritional Therapist for a reason.
Unfortunately, the fact that I am so reliable made it nearly impossible to quit that job on my own. I was committed. Due to my drive and ambition I was not only working my part-time design gig, I was also running a full-time nutrition business on the side. Talk about burnout! Sadly, I didn’t know when to quit (typical of my human design type). This truly was a blessing in disguise.
As for some other aspects of my chart, my reliability is real, I make a great friend if you are open to it. I ask the hard questions and truly want to get to know you as a person and help you in any way that I can. I put my all into relationships because I am committed. You always know what to expect from me. I make it clear who I am from day one as I show up consistently, no surprises. I do however get a lot of resentment from people because of how fast I move, my ambition and drive. People tend to take my help as an insult rather than me genuinely wanting to help them out and see them succeed. And due to my ambition and drive jealousy from others tends to run rampant making it hard to make friends who also want to see me succeed.
On another note, I tend to get burned out from socialization QUICK. People fatigue is real. Due to this I have set some pretty big boundaries around who and when I hang out with people in order to save my energy. Some people can truly suck all the energy out of me while others energize me. This is why alone time is so important to me and I seek it every chance I get. I used to think there was something wrong with me when I would go to a long social event and literally feel hungover the day after without having even one sip of alcohol. But nope, this is my human make-up and just part of who I am. Setting boundaries around relationships has drastically helped this.
According to my chart I am also prone to headaches and digestive issues. This has been true my entire life! I tend to get headaches from putting so much energy into trying to figure out people’s problems even though it is not my job to. My digestive issues tend to be due to toxic things, situations or people that are sucking my energy. I literally can not digest the situation.
My lack of emotion is also pretty real. I guess I am just waiting for that day I blow up. I’ll say sorry to my husband now for when that day comes. LOL
And as most of us know, I have an adventurous spirt (I’m not called Wild Lyons for no reason, haha). I am happiest when I am out doing things I love; adventuring, hiking and traveling. If anything, this life change has opened up the doors for me to adventure more without the weight of my design job. It truly was sucking all of my energy and no longer lit me up like helping others does.
Now of course, no longer working as a graphic designer at this company is a HUGE life change but having my chart read makes me feel confident that I am meant to do this. Rather than being frustrated I now know; I am meant to be an entrepreneur. A badass one at that!
I am leaning in, letting the universe take charge and taking the opportunity to step into what was meant to be all along.
As you can see, learning your human design chart really can help in your overall wellness journey. And no, if you too are a Manifesting Generator that does not mean we have the same chart in the slightest. I know a few Manifesting Generators and we could not be any more different.
Interested in learning more about who you are and diving in deep to your inner self? I highly recommend anyone that may be feeling a bit lost or unsure of where to go next in life contacting my friend Cailee at The Ripened Heart and getting a reading!
All you need is your birth date, place and time. She explained my chart to me in a way that made it easy to understand and the action steps needed that may be holding me back from being my true self.
What’s your human design type? Does it resonate with you?